The Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) allows employees to submit claims for work-related injuries or diseases without having to file a civil suit under common law. WICA aims to cover all employees regardless of salary with some exception to claim if they were injured in a work accident or suffered a disease due to work.
For more information on Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA) please click here.
To submit a Work Injury Compensation(WICA) claim:
- The injured employee is required to inform his employer of the accident as soon as practicable in the event of an industrial accident.
- The employer upon being notified of an accident, is required to report the accident to the Commissioner of Workplace Safety and Health through the iReport within the following reportive timelines:
- death of an employee is to be reported within 10 days of the occurrence.
- any incapacity that renders the employee unfit for work for more than 3 consecutive days, or is admitted in a hospital for at least 24 hours for observation or treatment, report within 10 days of the occurrence.
- where an employee suffers an occupational disease at a workplace and the employer receives a written diagnosis from the medical practitioner, report within 10 days from the receipt of the written diagnosis.
- The employer is also required to report the accident to us by completing the Work Injury Compensation claim form (redirect to online WIC online form).
- Kindly note that Etiqa Insurance reserves the right to request for any medical report and to request for the original bills or certified true copies and to contact the public healthcare institutions directly if needed for validation of the bill authenticity.
- All information and supporting documents may be subject to review by Etiqa Insurance and we shall reserve all rights to reject any claims, recover any and all amounts, or to impose additional charges if for any reason any claim is found to be fraudulent. Etiqa shall also reserve the right to pursue any actions at law or in equity that it deems appropriate in dealing with such fraudulent activity.
Click here to submit your claim.