FAQ – Commercial Vehicle

Commercial Products

Commercial Vehicle


Commercial Vehicle Insurance

What vehicle types can be insured under Commercial Vehicle Insurance?

We offer insurance for vehicles used for commercial purposes that is registered under a company, covering vehicle types like Lorry, Station Wagon, Pickup, Vans and Refrigerated Vehicle. Excluding vehicles that are used for hire, such as Grab or Uber used cars.

Where can I get a quote or buy Commercial Vehicle insurance from Etiqa Insurance?

You can get an online quote here or feel free to leave a message here and we will get back to you shortly.

Who can buy Etiqa's Commercial Vehicle insurance?

Commercial Vehicle Insurance can be offered if you are the main driver of the Vehicle and it is registered under your own name or a company which is owned by you. You or any additional drivers need to be a Singapore resident, possessing a valid NRIC/FIN or a registered company with a valid Company or Business Registration Number . You as The Insured have never been refused, declined renewal or terminated for vehicle insurance by any insurers. No driver should have any class of license suspended or cancelled in the last 3 years. The vehicle needs to be registered in Singapore and any modifications needs to be LTA compliant. All drivers should not have made against the insurance more than 2 claims or a total claim amount exceeding $30,000 against any insurer in the last 3 years.

Where can I check my demerit points?

Please refer to this link.

Plans and Coverage

What is the difference between the three different types of plan?

These three types provide different coverage level:

  • Comprehensive covers for your legal liability to third party’s bodily injury and property damage, as well as loss or damage to your own vehicle.
  • Third Party Fire and Theft covers for your legal liability to third party’s bodily injury and property damage, as well as loss or damage to your own vehicle due to fire or theft only.
  • Third Party covers for your legal liability to third party’s bodily injury and property damage only.
What does "Excess" mean?

Excess means that in respect in respect of each and every financial damage event, you shall be responsible for the first amount stated under “Excess” in the Schedule of the Policy. For instance, if the damage to your windscreen costs $1,000 to replace and your excess states $100 for windscreen replacement, you will be responsible for the first $100.

Is there an additional excess for young, elderly and inexperienced drivers?

In the event of an occurrence to the insured vehicle resulting in a valid claim, drivers aged under 27 and/or who has held a full driving licence for less than 2 years, or who is above the age of 75, an additional excess of S$4,000 (Section I only) will be imposed on top of the policy excess.

What happens when I drive the vehicle out of Singapore?

Other than Singapore, you are covered in West Malaysia and in Thailand that is within 80 kilometres of the border between Thailand and West Malaysia.
An additional excess of $2,000 will be imposed on top of the policy excess if vehicle is stolen whilst driven outside of Singapore.

Can my accident repairs be done at a workshop of my choice?

Yes, you may get your vehicle repaired at your preferred workshop at no additional charge or premium cover.

How do I make a claim?

You may click here to make a claim.