01 Apr COVID-19 – Deferment of Premium Payment Arrangement (DPPA) for Life Insurance
What is COVID-19 Deferred Premium Payment Arrangement (“DPPA”) for life insurance?
This arrangement allows extra time for our policyholders who are affected by COVID-19 to pay life insurance renewal premium so as to maintain their life insurance protection in the current situation. This arrangement is not automatically provided. Eligible life insurance policyholders can approach Etiqa to apply if their premium due date or policy renewal date falls between 1 October 2020 and 31 December 2021.
Who can apply for DPPA?
Etiqa life insurance policyholders who are not already on DPPA and whose policy is still active/ in-force who are financially affected by COVID-19 may apply. This includes policyholders who have suffered loss of job or loss of income from work or business. Examples of events that lead to such loss of income include retrenchment, shorter working hours and salary or commission reductions for individuals; and loss of business income for self-employed and SMEs.
When can I apply?
You may apply for DPPA within 30 days from your next policy premium due date. Your premium due date must be between 1 October 2020 to 31 December 2021. Upon approval, you will have up to 6 months (including grace period) to pay the due premium.
- Premium due date is 1 April 2021
- Application has to be made before 30 April 2021
- Upon approval, the premium needs to be paid by 30 September 2021
You can send in your application via email with the subject title in this format: <Application for DPPA: Policy No. XXXXXX> to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach the following proof of document:
- Employer’s Letter of Salary Reduction/Termination Letter, or
- Letter of Closure of non-essential businesses by Business Owners, or
- Other relevant proof or documents, if any
To safeguard our customers’ interest and ensure authenticity, you are encouraged to use the email address that you have registered with us.
Additional Information That You Should Know About DPPA
- This is not a waiver of premium.
- There is no late payment interest charged on your insurance policy during the deferment period.
- If your application is approved, your policy coverage will remain active during the deferment period.
- Once the deferment period ends, your contractual provisions regarding premium payment will resume.
Download the full FAQs