Terms & Conditions of Access
Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions carefully.
THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR ACCESS AND THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREIN BY ETIQA AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES. BY ACCESSING ANY PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES.
The term “Etiqa” as used in these terms and conditions refers to Etiqa. The term “the Etiqa” refers to Etiqa and its subsidiaries, either individually and/or collectively as the context requires.
All products and services of the Etiqa and its partners herein provided are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreements governing their use. These terms and conditions are meant to regulate your access to this website and they are to be read together with the applicable terms and conditions governing any transaction(s), product(s) and/or service(s) provided in this website. In the event of conflict between these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions governing the relevant transaction(s), product(s) and/or service(s) provided herein, the latter will prevail.
The information, material, functions and content provided in the pages of the website may be changed from time to time with or without notice at Etiqa’s absolute discretion. Your continued access or use of the website and/or the services provided herein subsequent to any such change will be deemed as your acceptance to those changes.
The materials and information in this website, including but not limited to services, products, information, data, text, graphics, audio, video, links or other items, are provided by the Etiqa on an “as is” and “as available” basis. References to material and information contained in the website include such material and information provided by third parties.
The Etiqa does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements including but not limited to any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability, usefulness, operation, completeness, currentness, accuracy, satisfactory quality, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose in respect of the website, the material, information and/or functions therein and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in such materials, information and/or functions. Without derogation of the above and/or the terms and conditions of the applicable agreements governing all the products and services of the Etiqa, reasonable measures will be taken by the Etiqa to ensure the accuracy and validity of all information relating to transactions and products of Etiqa which originate exclusively from Etiqa.
Further the Etiqa does not warrant or represent that access to the whole or part(s) of this website, the materials, information and/or functions contained therein will be provided uninterrupted or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected, or that there will be no delays, failures, errors or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system.
The materials, information and functions provided in this website shall not under any circumstances be considered or construed as an offer or solicitation to sell, buy, give, take, issue, allot or transfer, or as the giving of any advice in respect of shares, stocks, bonds, notes, interests, unit trusts, mutual funds or other securities, investments, loans, advances, credits or deposits in any jurisdiction.
You shall be responsible to evaluate the quality, adequacy, completeness, currentness and usefulness of all services, content, advice, opinions and other information obtained or accessible through the website; further you should seek professional advice at all times and obtain independent verification of the materials and information provided herein prior to making any investment, business or commercial decision based on any such materials or information.
Unless otherwise indicated, the copyright in this website and its contents, including but not limited to the text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement, are the property of the Etiqa, and are protected by applicable Malaysian and international copyright laws. No part or parts of this website may be modified, copied, distributed, retransmitted, broadcast, displayed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold or commercially dealt with in any manner without the express prior written consent of the Etiqa.
You also may not, without the Etiqa’s expressed prior written consent, insert a link to this website on any other website, frame or “mirror” any material contained on this website on any other server.
Any such unauthorised reproduction, retransmission or other copying or modification of any of the contents of the Etiqa’s website may be in breach of statutory or common law rights which could be the subject of legal action.
The Etiqa disclaims all liability which may arise from any unauthorised reproduction or use of the contents of this Etiqa’s website.
All trademarks, service marks, and logos displayed in this website are the property of the Etiqa and/or their respective third party proprietors as identified in the website.
Unless the prior written consent of the Etiqa or the relevant third party proprietor of any of the trademarks, service marks or logos appearing on the website has been obtained, no license or right is granted to any party accessing this website to use, download, reproduce, copy or modify such trademarks, services marks or logos. Similarly, unless the prior written consent of the Etiqa or the relevant proprietor has been obtained, no such trademark, service mark or logo may be used as a link or to mark any link to the Etiqa’s website or any other site.
Exclusion of Liability
The Etiqa and/or its partners herein shall in no event be liable for any loss or damages howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or any other basis, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or loss profits or savings arising in connection with your access or use or the inability to access or use this website (or any third party link to or from the Etiqa’s website), reliance on the information contained in the website, any technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, the interruption, error, omission, delay in operation, computer viruses, or otherwise.
This exclusion clause shall take effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the Etiqa from all liabilities, claims, losses and expenses, including any legal fees that may be incurred by the Etiqa in connection with or arising from (1) your use or misuse of this website and the services provided herein, or (2) your breach of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned, or (3) any intellectual property right or proprietary right infringement claim made by a third party against the Etiqa in connection with your use of this website.
The Etiqa reserves the right to terminate and/or suspend your access to this website and/or your use of this website at any time, for any reason. In particular, and without limitation, the Etiqa may terminate and/or suspend your access should you violate any of these terms and conditions, or violate the rights of the Etiqa, of any other user, or of any third party.
The failure of the Etiqa to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any part of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid and unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the other provisions of the terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions are governed by and are to be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. By accessing this website and/or using the services provided herein by Etiqa, you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website.
Etiqa makes no representation that the materials, information, functions and/or services provided on this website are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than Singapore.
The Etiqa is highly committed to ensuring that all transactions performed through our online financial service are secure, safe and confidential. For this purpose, we have put in place privacy protection control systems designed to ensure the highest security standards and confidentiality.
- Username and Password
- Information Protection
- Data Confidentiality and Data Integrity
- Systems Security and Monitoring
- Computer Virus Protection
- Updating Your Browser
Username and Password
To prevent unauthorised access to our online financial services, every customer is required to select a username and an alphanumeric password, which are the access key to your financial information. The username must be between 6 to 16 characters and the alphanumeric password must be between 8 to 12 characters. Your password must include both alphabets and numbers but you may also use special characters (e.g. & * $) except spaces.
The username and alphanumeric password are case sensitive. For example, if your password is “fuNNySAD2B” and you key in “fuNNySAD2b”, you will not be able to login (the “b” must be uppercase).
To ensure the integrity of your username and password, you are advised to do the following:
- Do not choose a password that others can easily guess.
- Do not use simple words, your name, birth date, telephone number or names listed in standard dictionary.
- Memorize your password and do not write it down.
- Passwords or PINs should be used when accessing an online account to protect your personal information.
- Sharing your password or PIN with another person is the same as giving that individual authority to use your name in a
- transaction. It should not be disclosed even if requested by an authorized Etiqa Officer.
- Change your password frequently.
To create a password, you can use the following options:
- Use a combination of unrelated words and numbers E.g. tiger63rain
- Use grossly misspelled or mistyped words E.g. sinaran_07 —› slnalam_07
- Use both upper and lower case characters E.g. funnysad2b —› fuNNySAD2B
- Use a line of lyrics or poem E.g. “A thousand sad reasons for a broken heart” —› 1Ksrfabh
- Don’t copy any of these examples!
Tips to remember your password:
- Login and logout many times to practice using your password.
- Learn your password, just as you learn any other unfamiliar stuff you have to memorise.
- Learn to care about your passwords. Think about why they are important. Think about the consequences of forgetting your
- Use whatever memory tricks that help you. For example, you can personally make acronyms that represent events and
- dates, such as I lived in Pulau Pinang for 12 years —› iliPPf12y (Don’t copy this example!)
- If you absolutely need to write down your password, make sure that anyone seeing it or finding it cannot determine what it is.
- Make sure that it is unrecognisable and cannot be associated with your account/username.
We take considerable effort to ensure a safe and secure online experience, but we do not have control over the computer you use to access Etiqa. As an added security feature, we have incorporated an automatic log out function if no activity is detected after a preset time limit.
However, you must ensure that your computer does not provide anyone opportunity to gain access to your account information:
- Ensure no one has access to your computer or records your online activities.
- Always log out of Etiqa immediately after completing transactions and before visiting other websites.
- Do not send any information about your account via e-mail.
- Disable the AutoComplete function on your browser to avoid automatic completion of your ID when you type in User ID.
- To turn AutoComplete “On” or “Off” in MS Internet Explorer browser:
- Click the “Tools” menu to get the “Internet Options” function.
- Click “Internet Options” to get the “Content” tab.
- From this tab, click the “AutoComplete” button.
- Uncheck “User names and passwords on forms”.
More Security Tips
- Don’t open suspicious e-mail attachments.
- Avoid downloading free programs. These may incorporate hacker-friendly software.
- Download security updates regularly.
- Don’t use the “remember password” function because this information can be easily accessed by hackers.
- Clear your cache (information stored in your computer memory) each time you log out. Click “clear your cache” in the Etiqa
- logout page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Etiqa collects personal information that you voluntarily provide on this Web site, which may include your name, address, e-mail address, marital status, salary range, number(s) of children, etc. We use this information to communicate with you and to provide you with your requested service or product. If you provide your consent at the time your personal information is collected via this Web site, we may also provide you with information, special offers, and promotions. Furthermore, we may store some or all of that personal information and use it for marketing research and marketing purposes. We maintain your data for as long as you are a customer of the Etiqa.
Data Confidentiality and Data Integrity
To ensure data confidentiality and integrity, all information transmitted over the Internet is encrypted using the 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol from Verisign Certificate Authority. SSL is a secure way of transferring information between two computers on the Internet using encryption. Strong end to end encryption is also adopted within the bank’s computer networks and resources.
Click seal to view certificate Etiqa is WebTrust certified. This certifies our compliance with leading international security standards and Best Practices, as well as our commitment to maintaining a secure environment. WebTrust is an independent corporation that monitors and tests our facilities to assure that we maintain the highest and most current standards in Internet information security and exchange.
Systems Security and Monitoring
- The Etiqa has adopted a combination of the following systems security and monitoring measures for online transactions:
- Firewall systems, strong data encryption, anti-virus protection and round-the-clock security surveillance systems to detect
- and prevent any form of illegitimate activities on our network systems.
- Regular security reviews of our systems by our internal System Auditor as well as external security experts.
- When you have a broadband connected to the Internet (always-on connection), consider installing a personal firewall. At a
- minimum, power-off your PC when not in use.
- We also take every effort in ensuring collaboration with major vendors/manufacturers to keep abreast of information security
- technology developments, for possible and future implementation.
Computer Virus Protection
Computer viruses are real and once your computer is infected it can cost you time, loss of information, repair expense, and aggravation. Make sure your computer has an anti-virus protection program installed to reduce the risk.
We recommend that you purchase a program that automatically upgrades your virus protection on a recurring basis. If you currently have a virus protection program on your computer without the automatic upgrade feature, make sure you update your virus detection program at least monthly and/or when you hear of a new virus to minimize your risk. You can do this by visiting the Internet site of the company that provides your software.
In addition we advise not to open attachments from others or open diskettes unless you have absolute certainty that you can trust the source, and then still be cautious. Whoever sent you that attachment or gave you a diskette may not know that they have carried the virus to you.
Updating Your Browser
An Internet browser allows access and the ability to navigate a myriad of information and service resources on the Internet. Most computers come with a browser already installed.
Always update your browser when new versions are released because they often include new security features.
Check your browser for built-in safety features that you may or may not elect to use.
If you use Internet Explorer, update it to IE version 6.0.
You may access the latest security patches at the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical
It is a good practice to always check the site certificate before login.
We recommend using Microsoft Internet Explorer for Etiqa online transactions.