Etiqa is owned by Maybank Ageas Holdings Berhad, a joint venture company that combines local market knowledge with international insurance expertise. The company is 69% owned by Maybank, the fourth largest banking group in Southeast Asia with more than 22 million customers worldwide in 20 countries; and 31% by Ageas, an international insurance group with 33 million customers across 16 countries and a heritage that spans over 190 years. As a licensed life and general insurance company registered in the Republic of Singapore and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), we are governed by the Insurance Act.
Etiqa has been protecting Singaporeans since 1961 with a range of general insurance solutions that constantly evolve to meet their ever-changing needs. Etiqa was the appointed insurer for the Housing Development Board (HDB) Fire Insurance Scheme in Singapore for 10 consecutive years, having protected more than 550,000 homes from 2009 to 2019.
In 2014, Etiqa added a comprehensive suite of life insurance solutions, including protection, savings and retirement, and subsequently legacy planning and universal life solutions to our portfolio to better serve our growing customer base and the needs of the modern day consumer.
Our relentless dedication to being a digital and innovative insurer has resulted in new solutions, such as pioneering online insurance savings plans direct to customers, and the delivery of a customer-centric experience. For more information, visit our media centre.
– Fitch has reaffirmed Etiqa’s rating as ‘A’
– Launched Dash PET Plus – an all-in-one solution addressing savings, protection and investment needs
– Launched Drive less, Save more (usage-based motor insurance)
– Fitch rated Etiqa as ‘A’ for ‘Favourable’ business profile and ‘Very Strong’ capitalisation
– First insurer to offer complimentary coverage against COVID-19 and dengue fever to customers
– Appointed as NATAS Official Travel Insurance Partner
– Launched Video Claims Service E-CLEVA in Singapore
– Launched Tiq by Etiqa, our digital insurance channel
– First to offer Freelancer Income Protection Insurance
– Started WhatsApp customer service
– Launch Singapore’s first online insurance savings plan
– First insurer to offer automatic travel delay claims approval
– Etiqa became one entity with the transfer of general insurance business from Etiqa Insurance Berhad
– Customer Service Centre Opens
– First insurer to offer online direct purchase life insurance (DPI) in Singapore
– Launched life insurance business in August 2014
– Appointed as the official fire insurer for HDB home owners
– Evolved to become the Singapore branch of Etiqa Insurance Berhad
– Became known as Maybank General Assurance Bhd.
Started operations in Singapore as United General Insurance Co. Sdn. Bhd.